Wednesday, June 18, 2014

...a little mush.

yep...this blog post might be a little mushy.  so, here's your warning in advance!  my heart is overflowing, and I would love to tell you why.

I am feeling especially grateful for 3 particular things.

1. God's provision and blessing on our lives.  we are so blessed that WE GET to do what we do for a living.  WE GET to see God move first hand over and over and over again.  WE GET to play a part in life changing experiences for people who come and serve on an 8 day trip.  I could go on and on...but I think you get the picture.  so, THANK YOU to those of you who sacrificially give so we can stay and serve in the Dominican Republic.

               (just had the sweet opportunity to host this awesome group from Carthage, MO.)

2.  My husband.  I love watching him do what he does.  I love how he serves and how he loves others and how he makes every person he talks to feel like they are the only person in the room.  I love watching him do his job.  I love how he has fallen in love with the local leaders we work with and how he empowers them .  I love watching him be a daddy (and how especially patient he is with our 2 year old who is testing her boundaries right now like nobody's business.)  I love his playful and spunky personality that keeps me laughing and on my toes.  
yes, I am definitely a proud wife who feels like I won the husband lottery! 

  (praying at the Leadership Development Complex land)

                                                     

 (there's that playful personality I was talking about, he always has me laughing.)
 
3. Jackie.  as many of you know, Jackie is the beautiful girl in the picture below.  she gave us a gift almost 3 years ago.  a gift that changed our lives forever.  a gift that came in an adorable little package with beautiful brown skin and lots of black hair!  
 
for the second time, Jackie came to the Dominican for a mission trip.  what an honor and privilege to serve along-side of her last week.  I don't think Will and I can even grasp how amazing this story is...all praise and glory to God.  can you see the  beauty in all of this?  It's a true picture of what adoption is.  we have all been adopted into the body of Christ as sons and daughters of The King...just because He loves us that much.  Jackie will forever hold a special place in our hearts.  we adore her.
 
                (working together with Jackie and her mom, Donna, at the GO Medical Center)

 
hope you are having a fantastic summer.  ours is off to a great start!
 


2 comments:

Blair said...

Love hearing how the Lord continues to work in your heart as well as those who come to the DR to serve. Our God is so good and so faithful. Thankful for your beautiful story and friendship. Love you!

Taylor Norton said...

Love the mush! Keep it coming!